19 Days and Counting

In under 3 weeks,Wayne and I will be heading east again. We start in London and board the Viking Venus for 15 days of cruising that Viking calls “Into The Midnight Sun.”

Here’s a map of our first 15 days.  This cruise is in honor of Howard.   Less than a year before he passed away, out of the blue, he said he wanted to take this cruise.  Did this really come from Howard’s mouth!  Coming from him, he, who never wanted to travel outside the US, I couldn’t believe it.  But I booked the cruise immediately.  Well, as most of my friends and family know, it never came to pass.  Howard was too sick to make this cruise and we cancelled long before the final payment was due.

So in honor of Howard, I’m taking this cruise and will see the Norwegian fjords he wanted to see so badly.


When we finish our 15 day cruise in Bergen Norway, Wayne and I will be taking the train from Bergen Norway to Oslo Norway. The literature tells us it is one of the prettiest and most scenic train rides in the world and I am really looking forward to it. 

We’ll spend three days in Oslo and return to London on our own. In London, we’ll have four days on our own to enjoy whatever we would like. Wayne has been here before so I’ll be taking all of his suggestions. The changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and the tower of London are definitely on my list. I’ll leave him for an afternoon of shopping at Harrods. He has absolutely no interest in going there to shop and besides women need to shop alone so that no one can make us feel guilty about whatever we buy. 

At the end of our four days, we will make our way to another Viking ship where we will board The Viking Neptune for a 30 day cruise of Scandinavia and the British Isles.


The total trip will amount to 50 days and we won’t return until August 1st.  That’s quite a long time to be away from home, but I am still looking forward to all of the places we will visit and the sites we will see.  So, follow along with me from your armchair or your recliner. Put your feet up and hopefully you’ll enjoy our escapades while not wasting any shoe leather and not doing all the walking that we will.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 49 - Wednesday, July 31, 2024 - Stockholm Sweden

Day 3 - Wednesday July 19 - Old City of Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus

Day 23 - Wednesday March 5, 2024 - On the Way home